Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Top Ten Toolkit: Reflective Writing

Last week I had asked one of my coworkers, someone who is artistic like myself, "when you took art in high school, how much writing did you do?" Her answer was, "quite a bit." During her AP Art class, she had to write a paper for each project, describing the process of production, what techniques were applied, things that didn't work, or things that did, and thoughts on the final outcome.

And I thought to myself, "gee, that sounds like a reflection paper."

Reflection writing is an excellent way for students to value what it is they're learning, because they have to think about what they've learned. It's good for assessment because the teacher has a glimpse into a student's thought process, what they've internalized, and how they've applied learned lessons.

Ummm.. have a picture.

LOVE TOKENS

No comments:

Post a Comment