Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Top Ten Tool Kit: Interacting with Colors!

Cortes, M. C. (2003). [Multimedia] Color in Motion. Retrieved from http://www.mariaclaudiacortes.com/colors/Colors.html



Okay, seriously, this is really really cool. It's this interactive flash movie/game about colors, and how different colors carry meanings. It's simple, yet informative. Very hands-on and entertaining. Here's some more screen caps from the movie portion.


The interactive website gives information on each color, including things like complementary colors, what colors symbolize in other countries and cultures, and there's a lot of descriptor words.


I love the little movies, because they're very dynamic, providing visuals and music to describe each color. It's just so darn sweet. But I think the content level would be good for middle school kids. I don't know, I think older students would get a kick out of it. I sure did. ^_^


This would be a nice change of pace when discussing colors; bring it up on a computer and hook it up to a projector, have the kids watch it as an introduction to color theory. Relate it to some early Kandinsky (because I really like his work).


That's right, we even have games and creative stuff. Seriously, you want to go spend some time playing with this.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I just spent a good 20 minutes on it and I can see how it would be great for students in art and other areas as well.

    ReplyDelete